Sunday, February 5, 2012

Metronidazole

So I am taking the antibiotic Metronidazole (Flagyl) for the c-diff.  Listed side effects are:

vomiting; diarrhea; upset stomach; loss of appetite; dry mouth; sharp, unpleasant metallic taste; dark or reddish-brown urine; furry tongue; mouth or tongue irritation; numbness or tingling of hands or feet

So far it is the double whammy of loss of appetite and metallic taste that has got to me.  I keep thinking that only green chile will cut through the metal.  Out here there is little Mexican food, and their "hot" is less spicy than New Mexico "mild", so it has no effect.  If I can get to Albuquerque for a "break" next week I am headed for all the best chile joints like El Patio and The Frontier.  

I am sick of being sick, but there is no other way out, so I just have to keep pushing through whatever they throw at me.  (Are they physicians or tormentors?)   You could say I have to "bite the bullet"-- for now, that is what it tastes like. 

1 comment:

  1. furry tongue; mouth or tongue irritation; sounds like something my sometimes irascible cuz can handle.

    ReplyDelete