Tuesday, March 6, 2012

freedom coming our way

We got the blessing of Mayo doctors to return to Abq. until March 26 when I have some follow-up to bacteremia diagnostics.   At that time I presume they will schedule start of Hep-C treatment.  I believe they will want to wait some weeks to be sure I am clear of infections.  So I expect some shorter back and forth trips this spring.

We are packing up and moving out of the condo.  This is a real milestone,  but I am not really in a celebratory mood. We head for the airport with some trepidation due to  our bad experience last time.  I have a very large blue suitcase packed half with medical supplies related to my IV antibiotic and half shalachmonas that Meg is bringing to celebrate Purim including her famous home-made hamantaschen.   I will also carry on my blue Puma gym bag filled with medications, and a lunch-size cooler bag with IV syringes with cold-packs.   Not much in the way of bandages as my surgical wound is closing up nicely (that is the open part; the rest of the incision looks fine, almost the same as it did before #4).

2 comments:

  1. Must be something getting that gear through airport security. Hope we see you next month in NYC and Ohio in May. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, one huge suitcase 1/2 filled with IV supplies, plus the carry ons.
    fortunately, no trouble with TSA.

    ReplyDelete