Saturday, December 31, 2011

adisonian

This is a syndrom due to adrenocortical insufficiency (in my case, cutting back too fast on the prednisone). Having a hard time staying awake, feeling groggy and lethargic. Meg bumped my prednisone up by 5 mg which will hopefully get me back on my feet. Meg is going to try a different type of bandage today for my "wound". I have an appointment with the wound nurse on tuesday with the threat of the mechanical maggot if the wound isn't healing fast enough. So far it looks like almost no progress. Meg hast started me on Zinc supplements to try and help it heal. Too much or too little prednisone will also interfere with natural healing. I try to do my best mentally by listening to Marvin Gaye.

1 comment:

  1. "When I get that feeling, I need maggots for my healing.."

    ReplyDelete