Monday, December 12, 2011

late night dancing

Saturday late afternoon I took another beach walk.  It was very windy, and I misjudged how much heat I could generate under my jacket which was not as wind proof as it could have been.  I walked north into the wind and a steady current of white sand that came up to my ankles.  The sky was grey and the sea was grey and both sea and wind howled in my ears.  I lept my cap pulled down low to shield my eyes.

I returned to the condo with a mild-moderate hypothermia.   I warmed but kept on warming.  Around dinner my temp was 100.2 and I called the Mayo hot-line.   The cut off is 101.  I was advised to take some tylonol and to wait.  Around 1 AM,  Sunday I nudged up to 101.2 and I was re-admitted thru the ER, an was IV started and I was introduced to my dancing partner (IV pole).

I was started on a "shot gun" anti-biotic.  So far (Monday AM), the hunt for a source of infection has turned up nothing.  Not necessarily a bad thing.  I have an MRI scan scheduled for this morning.  My fever (never that high, peak at 101.5) has been down since Sunday evening.   I am pushing to be discharged later today on oral antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment